Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Playing With Straws

We love using contact paper since they're are so many fun ways to be creative with it.  Most recently we used contact paper and bath tub letters to go over our Abc's, see more about that here.  Today we paired contact paper up with straws.  We also tried popsicle sticks which worked fine but Tiffany seemed to have more fun with the straws.  I think the fluorescent colors of the straws makes playing with them that much more enjoyable.


 When Tiffany first started playing around with the straws she immediately made the letter "T."  Anytime she sees the letter "T" she says, "that's my name!" She then made a capital "I" and a lower case "i." 


After playing with letter shapes I asked Tiffany to put up the straws according to size.  I had already cut up the straws into different lengths.  The funny part about this is when she was lining them up she said, "this one is 10 units long!"  I have no clue where that even came from!!  These little ones are smarter than we think!!


My 8 year old got in on the fun with measuring too.


During the same time Tiffany was playing with the straws and contact paper my son happened to be playing with his Lego mini figures.  He had an idea to line up his mini figs on the contact paper.  I told him they probably wouldn't hold.  The verdict.......some fell off while others stayed up just fine!!


I would love to hear how you enjoy contact paper with your kiddos!



3 comments:

  1. I love contact paper! We haven't used straws yet, but now I want to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete