Thursday, July 3, 2014

Leaf Creatures



I love gifts that keep on giving and this Sesame Street craft book is no exception!  This book was given to my son about 5 years ago from his Grandparents.  We used this book back then with my son and we are still currently using it with my daughter.


Our most recent craft is one that my daughter asked to make from the section of the book called Leaf Creatures.  We have a good amount of trees in our backyard and with them all so beautiful and in full bloom I thought this craft would be a good one to attempt.  This would also be a fun Autumn activity with the different color leaves!

We started off by picking out some leaves of different sizes and shapes.  Once our leaves were gathered it was time to assemble our leaf creatures!


Making the creatures were fun and super easy:
We glued our leaves to card stock
Used markers to draw arms and legs
Cut out pieces of paper to make teeth and a smiley face
And of course.....googly eyes



My daughter wanted to do two creatures, a happy face and a monster face!  This craft was great for fine motor skills since their was a lot of gluing going on.  Once our craft was complete we hung it on our fridge and they were SO adorable, I smiled every time I looked at them!



If you and your little one(s) would like to try your hand at Leaf Creatures, here's what you'll need:
Card stock or construction paper
Glue
Markers
Googly eyes
Leaves

Have fun and let your creativity come alive!


42 comments:

  1. We *just* got the same book from the library and made leaf creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Would love to see them post pics here or visit us on Facebook and share! So glad you tried them too!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen that book yet but I love the fun creatures you created with leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea and so simple. Will have to see, if I can find the book as this is something that Amy would really enjoy. She loves nature crafts.

    Thanks for linking up to Monday Parenting Pin It Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find it too, Carolin. I think Amazon is selling it.

      Delete
  4. So adorable, my son would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing with Tuesday Tutorials #pintorials

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just makes me giggle! Thanks for sharing such a cute idea! www.seeheardocompany.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I've kept them hanging up because I smile every time I look at them!!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE this idea-- and I'm adding the Sesame St. book to my wish list too! thanks for sharing with us at Summer Family Fun Series

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun activity! Thanks for sharing your craft at this week's Summer Family Fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun!! I love the creatures! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really great! I have made googly eye monsters before by just glueing two eyes on white paper; you just draw the body around it - turned out cute! BUT I love that you have a body here by using leaves - Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun and EASY art idea!

    I appreciate you sharing this resource on the Thoughtful Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday last week!! I very much appreciate you!! I hope to see you again this week. Starts tonight at 8pm CST - http://3glol.net/2014/07/14/teach-tuesday-3glol-12/

    YOU WERE FEATURED!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute activity. Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tots. Just letting you know that I have featured you over at Learn with Play at Home this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your leaf creatures are so cute. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such fun projects and activities for your kiddos! I'll have to use these someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! I think we can try it tomorrow after taking a nature walk in the morning. Thanks for linking up and sharing these awesome activities. #rattleandroll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you guys have as much making them as we did! They put a smile on my face every time I looked at these cute little creatures!!

      Delete
  17. so adorable!! and how fun - leaves come in all shapes and sizes just like imaginations. I love the big mouth chopper! Thanks for linking to our upcycled craft challenge! Congrats as well, this post will be featured this Friday. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had a lot of fun creating these!!

      Delete