Friday, December 5, 2014

Shaving Cream Christmas Tree


We've done other shaving cream crafts in the past and my daughter was always apprehensive about touching it, that is up until now!  I'm glad I tried shaving cream again because my daughter really had fun with it this time. She even told me that she didn't need anything else to stir the shaving cream with except for her hands.....well, ok then!

We started off with a baking sheet and added some shaving cream to it.  We then added a few drops of green food coloring and that's when the mixing begins.  Like I said my daughter dug right in!  I didn't even get a chance to tell her not to mix the food coloring all the way through the shaving cream since I was hoping for more of marbled or swirled look. At this point I was just glad that she took to the sensory experience!



Once the food coloring is mixed around we took a piece of white paper and placed it flat down onto the shaving cream then lifted it off.


 I also used a scraper to take off the excess shaving cream.


 Once it was dry I cut our tree into a triangle shape and gave my daughter some pom pom's and a star for decorating.


The huge black pom pom's were not my idea of Christmas-y  but this is her craft after all!

This is an easy and fun craft that exposes your child to a sensory experience and if you use glue to stick on the pom pom's you'll work on fine motor skills too!

Materials needed:
Baking sheet
Shaving cream
Green food coloring
Pom pom's
Posicle stick or straw for stirring (or just use your hands if you don't mind green hands for a few days!!)


11 comments:

  1. Oh what fun!!! I love using untraditional things to create art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I'm so not one for messy play but I know it's important for the kids. I'm glad tho that my daughter took to it the second time around.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is such fun! I love the squishy feel of shaving cream.

    Thanks for sharing this adorable activity.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. My daughter so didn't like it the first time around but glad I tried again. She loved it too! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Not my favorite play Natasha BUT I know it's good for the little ones so I tolerate!! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this! Looks like lots of fun, we need to try again with shaving foam too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, my daughter had so much fun with this activity. I'm glad I decided to try shaving cream again!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely christmas craft! #TuesdayTutorials I've not done nearly enough this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter really enjoyed it! A bit messy than what I personally like BUT I know it's good for the kids so I tolerate it, lol!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete