Saturday, August 2, 2014

Minnie Mouse Cupcakes


We are big Disney fans over here so for my daughter's 4th birthday she asked for Minnie Mouse cupcakes.  I am really not the decorator when it comes to cakes and desserts but I always give it a fair try. I checked Pinterest for ideas and found some that I felt I could pull off.  I wanted to do something cute that I felt comfortable taking on and that wouldn't take too much preparation.  This is what I came up with:

I used a store bought yellow cake mix and pink frosting. Bake according to package directions, cool completely and spread frosting. I made 2 separate batches.

Batch number 1:  I used regular size Oreo cookies for the face, strawberries cut up to make Minnie's bow and mini size Oreo's for the ears.

Batch number 2:  I only made ears and simply broke in half a full size Oreo cookie and pressed them into the icing. Added some pearl sprinkles and voila, Minnie Mouse cupcake!

The guests at the party said they looked and tasted great....phew!  That was a relief!  I always worry when it comes to making and creating food for others.  Not sure why I just do!

Like I said I am not the best at decorating cakes/cupcakes but this was honestly a super simple, fun way to make Minnie Mouse cupcakes! If I can do it anyone can, trust me!

I've always enjoyed reading about birthday party ideas whether it be food, decorations, etc.  Have you pulled off a really fun birthday party?  If so, I would love to hear about it.  You can share in our comments below or on our facebook page!






13 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I think I will have to make some for our next Disney vacation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel AND they were so easy to make! Have fun when you visit Disney!!

      Delete
  2. Super cute and I bet they taste delish too! I will have to remember these for my baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Working Mom Magic! Tasty and easy to put together!!

      Delete
  3. oh wow these are amazing. We are big Minnie fans here. Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma!! We had just gotten back one month earlier from Disney so my daughter was still in Minnie mode!!

      Delete
  4. Super cute!! I did a mickey mouse party a while back, would have loved to make those :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Alexis!! They were fun and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun. Our last little girl party was also visited by the Mouse duo - bows for Minnie, none for Mickey. Looks from the picture like you used strawberries for the bows? So did we!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi, yes I did use strawberries! It was easier than trying to use frosting, I'm a bad artist, lol!

      Delete
  7. This are so cute, Susen! Thanks for sharing at the Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party:) Hope you can join us again tonight starting @ 9pm est!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! These turned out so cute, and I'll bet she loved them!! I love how easy kids are to please at this age. I made "cat head" shaped chocolate chip cookies for my daughter's 3rd birthday, and they really looked more like owls. lol She loved them though and thought they were the perfect addition to her Hello Kitty party. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashlee, so true! They love almost anything at this age. I only picked these cause they were really super easy to make!

      Delete