Monday, July 28, 2014

Graham Cracker Traffic Lights!


I first made these for my son's cub scout den while learning about traffic safety.  We always had a snack at some point during the meeting and I thought sticking with the theme would enhance the learning experience.  The kids loved them and luckily I had made extra's because they were asking for seconds!

These graham crackers were so simple to make that I tried it again but let my kids create their own! I've seen variations where some folks have used white frosting and some used popsicle sticks while others did not.  Initially, I chose to go with chocolate frosting, m&m's and yellow colored popsicle sticks.  However, something new has hit the market or at least it's new to me, Whips by Jif.  It's basically whipped peanut butter.  Since this traffic light recipe involves graham crackers and Jif makes one in a s'mores flavor I grabbed a tub of s'mores and whipped peanut butter...score!

Simply crack the graham cracker in half twice taking the smaller portion of the graham cracker, spread some Whips or frosting, add the m&m's and voila you have a traffic light!  To keep the cracker adhered to the popsicle stick I just stuck some Whips or frosting to the back of the graham cracker and it stuck perfectly to the popsicle stick!

My kids had fun making their own and enjoying them afterwards!



They both gave this treat a 2 thumbs up!









25 comments:

  1. they came out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sofun and Easy! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Tee! And the cub scouts really enjoyed them!

      Delete
  3. These are so cute and look extremely easy to make! Because of those reasons you are my feature pick for last weeks Teach Me Tuesday Linky Party! Make sure you join us again tonight to link up some more of your awesome posts:)

    http://www.lifewithgarnish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Adrian!! I'm thrilled you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! What a nifty idea.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    I hope you had a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tastiest looking trafic lights I've ever seen! Fun way to learn the high way code!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great idea - and looks so simple! Thanks for joining in with the Parenting Pin it Party again this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Helen!! They were fun to make and eat and easy enough for the kids to do completely by themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and looks so fun! Thanks so much for linking to the pin it party. I will be hosting Monday and am featuring this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for the feature!! I'm so glad you liked them!

      Delete
  10. How cute and how much fun to see your kids enjoying making it. I think my little guy would love this so much and then ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute Susen! :) Looks yummy & easy to make! I showed this to my son and he can't wait to make these traffic lights!! :) Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your son is excited to make them! They are so yummy, too!

      Delete
  12. These are super cute. Great idea! Thanks for sharing Susen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these . They came out really cute. Thanks for sharing at the Click and Chat Link up party! Have a lovely night! Kim @ This Ole Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Glad you liked them, appreciate the comment!

      Delete