We love books whether during the day or at bedtime. However, I'm a bit more selective when it comes to bedtime stories. Of course I want my daughter to enjoy the book but at the same time I prefer ones that have a softer 'tone.' I tend to act out the story, so to speak, by using different voices when I read so I don't want a book where there is alot of excitement. I'll save those for during the day!
If you're looking for calming books at bedtime here are some of our favorites:
1. You're All My Favorites by Sam McBratney
2. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
3. Whose Bay Am I? by John Butler
4. Hush, Little Ones by John Butler
5. Won't You Be My Kissaroo? by Joanne Ryder
6. Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton
7. The Going To Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
8. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and other favorite bedtime rhymes (THIS is our absolute favorite) by Sanja Rescek
My daughter never makes it to the end of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and usually dozes off somewhere in the middle.
All of these books have such a sweet 'tone' to them and really help set the mood for bedtime.
What are some of your favorite bedtime stories? Share in the comments below or visit our Facebook page.